Finrail in brief
Finrail Oy offers railway traffic control and management services. The core of the services is in railway traffic control, traffic planning and capacity management to coordinate railway work and traffic, operation centre operations and passenger information services related to railway travel.
For its part, Finrail is responsible for the safe and smooth travel of more than 500,000 trains and 80 million rail passengers on an annual basis.
Finrail employs approximately 460 people in 9 municipalities.
Operations are guided by safety, responsibility, customer orientation and strong competence.
The Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency purchases traffic control, passenger information and traffic planning services from Finrail Ltd. The Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency also purchases the operating centre services for the electric track from Finlogic Ltd, a subsidiary of Finrail Ltd.
Furthermore, Finrail provides expert and training services to all operators in the railway sector, among others.
Finrail Ltd is part of the Traffic Management Finland Group.
Executive Board and Board of Directors
- Pertti Saarela, CEO
- Sanna Järvenpää, Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Mikko Natunen, Director, railway traffic management systems
- Heidi Saarinen, Director: Transport System, Capacity Management and Passenger Information
- Tero Kossila, SQE Director
- Tiina Häyhä, HR Director
- Timo Nieminen, Director, Business Development
- Ville Tervola, CFO
- Johanna Majamäki, Corporate Communications Manager
Board of Directors:
- Chairman: Pertti Korhonen
- Members: Olli Nastamo, Yrjö Poutiainen and Ilkka Virtanen